OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
Collection of Information
When you browse our website and do not register with us, you browse anonymously. Personal information such as your name, address, phone number or e-mail address is not collected as you browse.
Information You Provide to Us: We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account or update your profile, access and use our Services, shop in our store, make a purchase, sign up for our email list, post a review, participate in any interactive features of the site, fill out a form or survey, sign up for or participate in any contests, promotions, classes, events, or recreational activities, engage with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, and when you email, call or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, payment information, social media user names, demographic information, information about your interests and preferences, and any other information you choose to provide. When asking for personal information on an online form, we will identify which fields are required in order to fulfill your request.
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you purchase and ship products to someone else. We use this information to fulfill your requests and will not send communications to your contacts unrelated to your requests, unless they separately elect to receive communications from us.
Information We Collect Automatically: When you access or use our Services, or transact business with us, we may automatically collect certain information, including:
- Transaction Information: When you purchase or return a product via our Services, we collect information in connection with the transaction, including product details, purchase price, date, and other transactional details.
- Log Information: We collect log information in connection with your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and browsing behavior.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the precise location of your mobile device in accordance with the permission process established by your mobile device operating system. We may also collect information about your approximate location, based on your device’s IP address.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We may use various technologies, including cookies and web beacons, to collect information about how our site is being used, and your interaction with our Services from the computer or device you use. The information collected may include IP address and reference domain name for the visit to our site, which browser you are using to view the site, the address of the web site you came from before coming to our site, any search terms entered, whether you responded to an ad or email, and what pages are accessed, as well as help personalize your experience and hold selections in your shopping cart. This information does not include any personally identifiable information. It is collected and tracked in aggregate and used strictly for the purpose of internal analysis of response rates, traffic and usage in order to improve our site designs and enhance our customer shopping experience. Some browsers accept cookies automatically, however you may disable them. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, and visit counts, and to assess usage and campaign effectiveness.
Information We Collect From Other Sources: We may also obtain information from other sources, which may be combined or linked with information we have about you. For example, we may collect information about you from other sites that sell our products, from other users, such as individuals who send you a gift through our Services, and from third party social networks if you make certain information publicly available, in accordance with their authorization procedures.
Child Online Privacy: Rugged Outdoors does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13 years of age. Should it become known to us that personal information has been provided by someone under 13 years of age, we will not make use of that information or keep it in retrievable form except as may be necessary to comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts and invoices;
- Facilitate, maintain and improve our Services and your online and in-store shopping experience;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests for information;
- Provide customer service;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and intellectual property of Rugged Outdoors and our vendor partners;
- Communicate with you about Rugged Outdoors and our products, services, sales, special offers, promotions, rewards, new site or product features, upcoming events and other news or information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize our Services, including by providing advertisements, content or features we think will be of interest to you;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and prizes or rewards;
- Link or combine with information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information is collected.
Sharing of Information
- With third parties who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf, such as those that assist us with payment processing, shipping and delivery, fraud prevention, customer service, personalization, marketing, and advertising;
- When you participate in interactive features on our Services, information about you may be displayed publicly on our Services and on other third-party sites, such as your photos, videos, posts, stories, product reviews and feedback, product questions and answers, wish lists and other information you choose to provide;
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information in connection with services they perform for us and who are subject to contractual obligations regarding their use of the information;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- Between and among Rugged Outdoors and any current and future affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any corporate business transaction, such as a corporate reorganization, audit, merger, sale of Rugged Outdoors assets, insolvency or bankruptcy, or the financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- With your consent or at your direction.
We do not sell or rent your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information to any third parties. We may share aggregated or de-identified demographic and visitor data, but this information does not include any personally identifiable information that could be reasonably used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools, (such as the Facebook “Like” button) which let you share actions you take on the Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third party entities that provide these features.
Security & How Your Information is Safeguarded
Rugged Outdoors takes reasonable security measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We employ the latest encryption technology, or Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), in areas of the site that require you to provide personal or account information, in order to protect information in certain areas of our websites during transport across the Internet. To take full advantage of this protection, please make sure you have the latest security features on your browser. Regularly download and install the latest version of your browser from the browser's manufacturer.
Passwords are required to access your online account and help to protect your account information. Please keep this password confidential.
Please remember that any e-mail communication you send to us is not encrypted — and, therefore, not secure — and should not contain any sensitive information you want protected from public disclosure.
Advertising, Analytics & Services Provided by Third Parties
We may also work with third party websites or platforms (such as Google or Facebook) to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign. Please refer to the settings of those other websites or platforms for information about any choices they offer in connection with the delivery of customized, interest-based ads.
Account Information: You may update or correct your online account information by logging into your online account and updating your information, or by calling or emailing Customer Service.
Promotional Communications: If at any time you decide you do not want to receive promotional email communications, you may unsubscribe from emails using the links provided. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 844 266-HIKE (4453) to inform us you wish to unsubscribe. Please note that due to production timelines, it may take up to 15 business days to make the requested change. If you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your purchases, account, membership or our ongoing business relations.
California Resident Privacy Rights: The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) provides California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Information and requests for certain details regarding how their information is shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. California customers may learn more and exercise their options here.
European Union Privacy Rights: The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives EU residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. We do not market to, sell to or target persons in the European Union or EFTA States. We have no presence in the EU and are located solely in the United States of America, which does not provide the same rights as those specified in the GDPR. If you are located in a geographic region outside the United States of America and choose to use our Services, you understand that your data will be transferred to, accessed in, and stored in the United States of America and you give your explicit consent to our Company to transfer your data to the United States of America. Learn more here.
Cookies: Some web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Location Information: The settings of your Internet browser or mobile device may allow you to stop sharing your precise location with Rugged Outdoors or others.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Rugged Outdoors is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries as required by law.
If you have any questions regarding your privacy or any of our policies, please contact our Customer Service Department by email at email@example.com, by phone at 844 266-HIKE (4453), or contact us at: 3002 Apollo Drive, Suite 1, Champaign, IL 61822.
EFFECTIVE DATE: JUNE 2022